[Solved] Can't Connect To Database

flyoffacliff

Did you set up remote mysql access http://johnny.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/x3/sql/managehost.html for the IP address of this website that is hosted elsewhere?

Sorry for the simple mistake. But now the website is giving the following error instead of acses denided:

"1129 - Host '198.91.81.2' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'"

Does this mean helionost needs to run 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'? Or the other host that the website is on?

Thank you.

Does it work now?

Yes, thank you. :)

I typed the domain of my other webhost, but it did not work. I had to set it to wildcard "%" for it to work. I don't think it would be a good idea for me to leave it this way for security. I know its another dumb question, but how do I find the correct hostname of the other host?

Thank you :)

I always use the numerical IP address. Unless you're hosting the webpage from your house on a dynamic IP it shouldn't change on you. To easily find the IP address of a domain you can use the host command on most unix systems, for instance:

# host helionet.org
helionet.org has address 64.62.211.133

I always use the numerical IP address. Unless you're hosting the webpage from your house on a dynamic IP it shouldn't change on you. To easily find the IP address of a domain you can use the host command on most unix systems, for instance:
 # host helionet.org helionet.org has address 64.62.211.133 

Thank you, but it stopped working again, now getting:

SQL Error:

0 -

Query:

[READ] Unable to select database

Edit: I am so frustrated, I can't figure this out. The homepage loaded fine, but I left and came back 5 minutes later and it was broken, I have not been able to get it to work since, here is the URL: teachereviews.x10host.com