[Solved] Maximum Sql Packet Size

flyoffacliff

If you have big query or blob, try to split query or use chunks, thats is better

choice in frontend, even in meduim size DWH, if you still need to know that try next:

show variables like 'max_allowed_packet';

Also try above here, personally I choose Stevie.

I am getting SQL error "1153 - Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes" on my website. You have the server limit set to 1mb (1048576 B). It needs to be raised to 4mb or higher for my website to work correctly. Could you please change this? :)This is on server Johny.

Thank you. :)

This support request is being escalated to our root admin. Merged topics.

Thank you.

I really wanted an account on Stevie. But I am in a bad time-zone, so the daily limit is always expired by the time I wake up. If you could transfer my account to Stevie and raise the limit there, that would be great. If you would rather do it on Johny, that is okay too. :)

Thank you so much. :)

Bother servers were set to the default value of 1048576 which is about 1 megabyte. I fixed your typo iceitsupport. Johnny is now set to 4999168 which is about 5 megabytes. Excalibur is correct though, it's probably best to try to break that down into smaller chunks. Keep in mind that we do monitor mysql usage and if you're causing high load your account will be suspended.

Bother servers were set to the default value of 1048576 which is about 1 megabyte. I fixed your typo iceitsupport. Johnny is now set to 4999168 which is about 5 megabytes. Excalibur is correct though, it's probably best to try to break that down into smaller chunks. Keep in mind that we do monitor mysql usage and if you're causing high load your account will be suspended.

Thank you so much. :)

I will be using a modifed version of MyBB forum software for this website. The project involves creating hundreds of boards. Using the MyBB GUI is too slow, so I am adding them directly to the database using PHPMyAdmin. But the problem is that MyBB caches the lists of boards, and clearing the cache involves running this large query.

How do I tell how much SQL data I have used?

How much am I allowed to use?

If I go over the limit, will I get a warning before being suspended?

http://johnny.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/x3/sql/index.html

500 MB if you don't upload anything else to your account or have any mail in any of your boxes.

If you use too much database space, no you just won't be able to add anything else.

http://johnny.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/x3/sql/index.html
500 MB if you don't upload anything else to your account or have any mail in any of your boxes.
If you use too much database space, no you just won't be able to add anything else.

Thank you. So it is just a storage limit. No bandwidth limit. Correct? :)

Thank you.

There is no bandwidth limit for mysql or for http or ftp or pop3 or imap any other service. However, if you're transferring large amounts of data it causes load which we do monitor, and if you are causing enough load to adversely effect the other accounts that share your server then your account will be suspended to restore full functionality to everyone else. It isn't fair for one person on shared hosting to hog all the system resources.