[Answered] Set A Custom Domain

charlesy

I know this question has been asked before and the only thing it takes to use a previously purchased custom domain with heliohost is to change the nameservers to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org.

I also changed the default domain on my cpanel with the link http://www.heliohost.org/home/support/scripts/domain.

I have no parked domains. The reason why I posted this question is because I set up a network site on wordpress on fabioesteves.heliohost.org. Does that make any difference or should I just wait till it propagates? Right now it says "the webpage is not available" when I try to access fabioesteves.com.

Any ideas?

It seems that something is redirecting traffic from fabioesteves.com to fabioesteves.heliohost.org, which no longer exists since you changed your main domain. Remove any .htaccess files in your public_html folder (but make a backup first). If that doesn't solve the issue, then Wordpress itself is redirecting your traffic, and you will need to re-configure Wordpress.

I think that's exactly what's happening. When I access fabioesteves.com, it redirects to fabioesteves.heliohost.org. I deleted the .htaccess file but nothing happened. It is still redirecting. Do you have any other ideas or should I just re-configure wordpress?