[Solved] I Am Almost Done Bother You

EliteDeeds

Hey fine fellow geekodians. I trust all is well on this fine day. My account seems to be live, since my site epicdeeds.tk now gives an index page instead of the 'UR queued' page. WOOT! /CHEERS!! /does the happy geek dance.

Now, as you can see in my previous post, when I signed up my fingers were not playing nicely. Due to this I am unsure if I mispelled my cpanel username to one other than the one I thought I did, and the password seems to have suffered the same fate.

I tried the 'recover password' option with several 'variants' of what I THOUGHT was the user name, but alas no email ever came. The email address on the account is the proper one though. This was verified by a very kind admin, and for giggles I reset my forum password without problems. I know the forum and cpanel are 'different' however the email addresses should/are the same.

Would it be possible at all for me to get an email with my cpanel username and a temporary password mailed to me? If not, then I'll have to ask for my URL to be removed; since it's one account per user according to the TOU, and resign up and wait the long wait of being queued. I could not delete the account if I tried, since I don't know the password. HAHA

Thanks a ton, and I apologize for being such a pain in the.... Well, you get it.

Also, another quick thing. I am going to setup a custom SMF and setting it up with my theme, installing packages; i.e. SimplePortal and a few other simple ones, groups, permissions, testing, and other various ADMIN stuffs. I am wondering if the inital setup of the forum is going to push into the 'you are a terrible user and resource hog, so get out of here' category? As stated, this will only be for the inital setup and installation. The 'normal' runnings of the forum should be pretty resource friendly, since I've no users atm. ROFL!!

Anyrate, thanks a ton for your time. I apologize for the wall of text. And have a grand day.

EliteDeeds

Me again. I hate to be a bother, however I've noticed that other posts/issues have been solved that were posted after I posted this one. Is my request to email me my cpanel information not possible? Please let me know, so we can figure out how to proceed. As of this moment, I am kind of treading water, since I can not even FTP stuff up, I am at a stand still.

Thanks again,

Elite Deeds

Ok, football is done for the week, and since you still hadn't paraphrased your request I spent the time to skim through it. It sounds like you need:

1. Manual password reset.

2. Question about load.

The problem now is you didn't mention your username, domain, or server. Skimming through some other posts you've made with this same forum account I came up with

username: epicdeee

domain: epicdeeds.tk

server: johnny

Answers:

1. Your password has been manually reset, tested, and emailed to your contact email address which matches the email address that you used to create this forum account. The problem might be that you're using an @outlook.com email address and microsoft can be kind of weird about emails sometimes. Have you checked your spam box? Let us know if you didn't receive this password reset either.

2. You're probably fine. Most of the people getting suspended for high server load are doing completely crazy stuff. Installing one simple cms is never going to get your suspended. If you want to know specifically how much load your site is creating you can ask and we can tell you that you're the 913th highest load for the day or something like that if you're still worried.

For future reference, there's nothing wrong with being conversational or writing a wall of text. Just remember that it will help you immensely to receive support if you make your post simple to understand, and include all pertinent information, such as username, domain, and server, in an easy to read way.

Thanks a ton!!! I am in, and as I thought, i fat fingered the keyboard. uuugggg. There were 1 to many e's in the name that I thought I'd chosen.. LOL

I apologize for not giving more information, I thought I'd given enough. From now on I will include everything as to make things easier for you. I DO appreciate your efforts in this matter. /bows

Thanks again folks, much appreciated.