[Solved] Brute Force Protection Activated

ATTO

Hi!

I tried to log into my cPanel account but a message appeared to inform me that a brute force protection has been activated due to too many unsuccessful login tries. I tried some 10 and then other 20 minutes later - still the same. Don't know how long I should wait before the next try. I need to log into my account ASAP, please help!

Account: atto

Server: Stevie

Domain: atto.bg

Brute force protection is enabled after too many failed login attempts to either cPanel or FTP. Please make sure any FTP client passwords are up-to-date. It usually clears itself after a couple of hours, but that increases based on the amount of attempts to login after brute force was enabled. It's probably clear now. If not, let us know and we can manually disable it.

Sorry, the problem still persists. I only managed to log into cPanel once yesterday, that's why I didn't warn you so far. But later yesterday and today I still get this brute force message - after one attempt with the correct password.

I don't use any FTP client, only have email client (Thunderbird) set up to check for new messages every 9 minutes.