[Answered] Question On Password Behavior

efxi

cPanel username: efxi

Good day :D

I'm wondering why my cPanel password seemed to be misbehaving, it keep saying that my login session expired, but when I login the password has changed, on and on, this made me reset password for several times. The same thing happened to webmail account password, it keep changing password without my deliberation.

Now, I cannot access my cPanel because I'm waiting for a reset password which might be bouncing that it feel takes forever to arrive at my inbox.

Thank you very much in advance :D

Warmest,

efxi

Sounds like your browser is not accepting cookies. Enable cookies, clear your cache, and try again. If you still have issues try another browser. Be sure to let is know what fixed the issue or if you still can't solve the problem.

• Like 1

Not in cookies, but maybe in cache. I have to reset modem to get new IP address, wait for hours, click send password reset, sometimes it worked. I don't know what's really happening that cause this misbehavior. Yet, now I can access cPanel and observing whether the misbehavior is temporary.

Thank you very much for being helpful :D

Sounds like you triggered brute force protection. When the server decides that you're randomly guessing passwords it locks you out for a period of time. When you stopped trying to log in for a few hours it probably cleared the protection on it's own allowing you to log in or reset your password once again.

• Like 1