[Solved] Request For Account Reset

Waflix

I would like to request an account reset. This would be the equivalent of completely removing my account and then reregistering.

The reason that I request a reset instead of doing the above, is that this is probably easier to do, saves the hassle of waiting and confirming and also removes the (small) chance of someone registering under my username while my account is removed for a moment.

Would this be possible?

An admin typically won't reset an account for you.

More than likely, they will give you the exact same instructions you stated yourself, delete it and make a new one. Everyone has to do it this way unfortunately, and that includes waiting for things like registration and configuring of a domain.

I wouldn't worry about someone taking your username, the odds of that are ridiculously small. Even if it's a common word or something it's very unlikely to happen.

Thanks for your reply.

I tried deleting my account just now (http://www.heliohost.org/home/support/scripts/delete), but it tells me the account could either not be found in the database or the account was not listed as active. However, my account does pretty much exist, and it should be listed as active too (as I regularly log in. I even logged in a minute ago).

My account name is 'waflix', just like my Helionet account.

Edit

It appears I must have clicked the submit button twice or so, as I can now no longer log in. I think the deletion is in progress now :-)

Edit 2

I just reregistered, so this thing is pretty much solved now

Edited by Waflix