[Answered] Deploying Mysql Databases

MrProsser

I am new to web development and I am having some problems figuring out how to deploy databases to the heliohost servers. My account is on johnny as I am doing ASP.NET development. I am trying to either deploy a local database to my heliohost account, or start a remote connection to the heliohost database and work with that directly.

I tried to create a connection to johnny in mySQL workbench, but have been having problems. I created a new server instance to johnny and that seems to have worked. Then I attempted to create a new DB connection. This seemed to work as well, but then I attempted to create a new model, created a single table as a test and tried to forward engineer this and export the table but keep getting errors:

My hostname was: johnny.heliohost.org

username: tstewart_root

port: 3306

It successfully connects to the DDMS, but when it tried to Execute Forward Engineered Script I get an error:

Executing SQL script in server

ERROR: 1044: Access denied for user 'tstewart_root'@'%' to database 'tstewart_test'

CREATE SCHEMA IF NOT EXISTS 'tstewart_test'

SQL Script execution finish...

I was wondering if anyone has any idea what I might be missing or what I should try to get this to work?

Just to update this, I realized that I had not associated the user with the tstewart_test database on heliohost, but after doing this and giving it full privileges it still did not work.

Thanks, yes, that is what I was trying to do. I had already allowed access using that form. But I did two other things and got it to work earlier today, I created a schema in mySQL Workbench that was the same name as the database created in cPanel, and I then realized it was not enough to create a user, but that I had to add that user to the database and grant them various privileges.