[Answered] Django Version

toxicious

I'm in the process or learning to build a website with Python (2.7) and Django (1.5) and I noticed that you are running Django 1.3 (according to the site).

Are there any plans on updating the Django version? Or will I need to run an older version to be able to host with you? I am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to run 1.5 apps on 1.3...

There are always plans to upgrade everything. The way we prioritize what gets upgraded and in what order is when users show interest in something being upgraded and how many users it will benefit. So, thanks for showing your interest in this feature.

Found out about another framework, which seems to be The framework, Pyramid (previous Pylons, http://www.pylonsproject.org/).

Any thoughts on support of that? Or, do you even need to install those frameworks or can I as a user just fix them myself (with a lot of fiddling)?

I'm sorry for being needy, but there are soo many languages to program in and frameworks to use that it usually takes some time to find the right one...sigh.

(I know I maybe should create a new thread since this is marked answered, but since this is on the same topic I thought it was better to reuse it than to clutter the forum with a new topic, please correct me if I'm wrong)