[Solved] Having Trouble Accessing My Site, Cpanel, And Even My Ftp.

DiGiTaL-CORE

Username: digicore

Domain: http://beraung.tk/

Server: Stevie

Do you temporarily ban IPs after too much activity? The reason why I ask is my site seems to work fine through a proxy (assuming it's not a cached version), but not when I try directly. I was uploading Joomla for install, roughly 19MB, and left it on for a while. I still have files left and can't access anything. Not even Stevies cpanel. I understand if that's the case. Was I using too much bandwidth and what can I do to fix/prevent this from happening?

I apologize in advance and thank you for any help.

The system blocks IPs for opening too many ftp connections in a short amount of time or too many failed login attempts, never for idle connections or bandwidth usage. Joomla is included in Softaculous as a one-click install though, which is always easier than manual installs.

I would very much like to try that, but I can't access anything right now. How long does it take to become unblocked? Also I'm using FileZilla with a maximum of two connections when uploading/downloading. Should I lower it to one or is FileZilla just a bad choice?

Your IP was blocked on April 19th for connecting to FTP 451 times in less than 8 hours. It's fine to connect to FTP that many times if you have a legitimate reason, but you should let us know in advance so your IP won't get blocked. Generally when we see that volume of FTP connections coming from one IP address that quickly it indicates a brute force attack to try to gain illegal access to data on our servers.

I have unblocked your IP address so your site and cPanel should now be accessible to you again. If you expect this volume of FTP connections to continue in the future you should post to let us know what you use all those connections for and that way we can whitelist your account for unlimited FTP usage.