[Answered] Was Something Wrong?

jackfm

I see that my request for Java access did not happen, although many later requests were fulfilled. This is not a complaint, just a concern. Was my request for Java in some way incorrect? I joined Helio for the expressed purpose of using JSP, so that feature is important to me. So, if there was something else I need to do, I would be more than happy to do that.

And thank you all for such a great hosting service.

Jack (jackfm)

I see that my request for Java access did not happen, although many later requests were fulfilled.

You requested java on March 11th. The last account to receive java requested it on February 7th. Java is first come first serve. It wouldn't be fair to add java to your account when there are still people who have been waiting longer than you. If my count is correct I believe you are currently 37th in line to receive java.

This is not a complaint, just a concern. Was my request for Java in some way incorrect?

If there is a reason to deny java to an account, such as the account is suspended, a note will be posted on the request explaining why the java request could not be completed. There is no such post on your request so there is no problem and as long as you keep your account in an active state you will receive java once it's your turn.

I joined Helio for the expressed purpose of using JSP, so that feature is important to me. So, if there was something else I need to do, I would be more than happy to do that.

As far as we know we are the only free webhost in the world that provides tomcat 7+ .jsp and .war servlet deployment. This is a great feature, and we are proud to provide it. Unfortunately, java doesn't scale well in a shared hosting environment which means that each account that receives java (even if they don't use it) increases the load of the server. This is why we can only enable java on a limited number of accounts at a time. Whenever an account is finished using java or their account is suspended for whatever reason that frees up system resources that we can use to provide java support to the next account in line to receive it.

And thank you all for such a great hosting service.

You're welcome.

Our apologies that the java request process is difficult to understand. There has been some work done to move the system to an easier to understand automated system that would provide you with some sort of a guess as to how long you would need to wait for java to be enabled on your account.

Krydos,

Thank you for such an awesome reply. My apologies for missing the explanation that each requestor must wait for a slot to open up and that there is no way to know when that will happen. Hoping it's soon, but now I know that I didn't invoke the process incorrectly. My continued appreciation for the service you provide. I feel much better now, armed with this information. Godspeed.

Jack