[Solved] Python Update/module Addition Request On Johnny

sq10prog

(not exactly sure where this post goes)

Anywho, as I was playing with my Python scripts, I came across this problem:

when I tried to run an upload script for a subdomain of mine (this), it gave me a 500.

So, I thought, why not try to see what exactly the problem is?

After some researching, and playing with cgitb, it gave me this error.

Anywho, could you update your server's Python to 2.7, or at least add the modules in this script that I am trying to import if they are not existent?

Actually, in October 2012 Johnny suffered a major OS failure, and we had to reinstall basically everything from scratch. Most users weren't affected by anything other than downtime since we were able to backup 99% of user data, and when Johnny went back online most people couldn't notice any difference from before the crash. Since then we've been reinstalling things as they are requested. Currently Johnny only has one version of python installed, which is the default version that comes with cPanel: 2.4.3.

Stevie actually has four versions of python installed:

#!/usr/bin/python
Python 2.4.3

#!/usr/local/bin/python
Python 2.4.6

#!/usr/local/bin/python2.7
Python 2.7.1

#!/usr/local/bin/python3.2
Python 3.2rc3

Actually, in October 2012 Johnny suffered a major OS failure, and we had to reinstall basically everything from scratch. Most users weren't affected by anything other than downtime since we were able to backup 99% of user data, and when Johnny went back online most people couldn't notice any difference from before the crash. Since then we've been reinstalling things as they are requested. Currently Johnny only has one version of python installed, which is the default version that comes with cPanel: 2.4.3. Stevie actually has four versions of python installed:
 #!/usr/bin/python Python 2.4.3 #!/usr/local/bin/python Python 2.4.6 #!/usr/local/bin/python2.7 Python 2.7.1 #!/usr/local/bin/python3.2 Python 3.2rc3 

Okay, then would it be possible to move my domain to Stevie? I really need p2.7.

Okay, then would it be possible to move my domain to Stevie? I really need p2.7.
I already told you this on IRC, but for anyone else reading the forums here is the instructions to move your account. http://wiki.helionet.org/Moving_your_account

Yep, you sure did.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...