[Solved] Suspended: Kastor

Yes, one active account per user, unless you receive permission from us first.

I was planning on taking a look at your account to see if it could be unsuspended, but I've been pretty busy so it might be a while still. If you just want to make another account let us know so we don't have to waste time looking at your old account.

No problem, I know you guys have a lot to do taking care of the entire forums. If you could try to unsuspend my old account it would be good so I can backup any mysql databases I had there.

But if it can't be restored can you delete the account so I can create another one with the same name ? If not, it's ok.

Thank you.

After taking a closer look, I can confirm that this account cannot be unsuspended.

Ok. Can you please tell me why ?

Since your account has existed for over eight months, and looking at the timestamps on the various files I'm going to guess that you're innocent and someone compromised your account in the last few days. Either that or you just recently decided to become a cyber criminal, but that's rather unlikely. Your account was suspended on March 15th, and it looks like most of the stuff that got you suspended started at the earliest on March 14th. Among other things your account was sending out phishing emails.

I haven't looked at any of your databases, but if you post which databases you would like a backup of I can check them out to make sure they haven't also been corrupted. If they look clean I can make a backup of them for you. We can also delete your account for you, but if you want backups of the databases we need to do that first otherwise they will be deleted with the rest of the account. Unfortunately, we will be unable to unsuspend this account, nor provide backups of the files themselves.

When (if) you do create a new account it might be a good idea to keep all of your software up to date to guard against known vulnerabilities that could allow criminals access to your account, always use really strong hard to guess passwords, and it might be a good idea to research other techniques to guard against these types of attacks depending on whether you write your own code, or you use some sort of premade CMS.

That's serious ?! O_O

I had no idea man. You can delete the account ASAP! I think I never even used the email. That's really stange...

The only emails my account sent are part of the register form of my Battlefield 3 clan (PHP mail function), and all the emails are sent to my gmail...

The databases I had there were part of my delphi projects and a dead phpBB forum I guess, nothing really important. And I think I have backups on my notebook.

Send this account to oblivion!

Thanks for your time and sorry for any inconveniences.

PS: Just for the sake of curiosity, can you tell me what kind of phishing emails my account was sending ? Something like that penis enlargement stuff? lol

For privacy reasons we don't ever snoop on the contents of emails sent or received from our servers, but we do respond to any reports of illegal activity or phishing that may originate from user's accounts. While we don't look at the contents, we do monitor the frequency of sent emails and total number of sent emails. There is no limit on received emails, but we suggest sending no more than 50 emails per day to keep your account in good standing.

In your specific case I'm guessing someone who received an email clicked the "report phishing scam" link in their webmail, we received the report, and took the appropriate action (suspension), but unless they send us a copy of the reported email we still have no idea what type of email it was exactly.

Your account has been deleted and you should now be able to create a new account using the same domain name, and username. Let us know if you have any problems creating your new account.