[Answered] How's My Site Doing Now?

DAKSH101

After suspension I was checking all un necessary scripts and removed them. I think I did quite remove. I want to know how's my site doing now according the cpu? I have another question as I'm a drupal user I have to depend on cron job. Currently my cron interval set as 3 hrs. Can I make it 1hr because it takes 3 hrs to build by new site map for new contents which being published and being submitted to google. It would be good if I can make it 1hr.

Username: mng4

main domain: mng4.heliohost.org

server: stevie

Thanks

Well, that's going to get you into trouble. We have a 2 cron jobs per user per day policy, 1/3 hrs is 8/day. Krydos will fill you in on your load stats later on.

The account mng4 has only run one cron job so far today.

He might be talking about psuedo-cron that a lot of CMSes use. The way those work is each time someone visits their page it checks when the last time the psuedo-cron ran, and if it's over a certain length of time (1 hour, or 3 hours, or whatever) it executes a php cron file in addition to showing the page to the viewer. If no one visits the site for 24 hours then the psuedo-cron has no way of running at all in that time. We don't limit this kind of cron at all, but it can still raise your overall load caused. Also, this type of cron has a tendency to cause load spikes because of so many processes running at once.

He could also be talking about an external cron, where every 1 hour or 3 hours or whatever it hits a certain page on his site to trigger the cron run. Once again we don't limit the number of these crons that you run, but they can raise your overall load level.

Your sustained load and memory usage look fine for today. However, you could still be causing load spikes that wouldn't show up on the sustained report. Since you mention drupal, I've also noticed that drupal has a tendency to get people suspended for high mysql use. You could see about disabling unnecessary high load queries too if you're worried about getting suspended again.