[Solved] Delete Helionet Account Chigle

Guest chigle

Guest chigle

Good Day,

Could anyone please help me with removing this account and all its posts (I can confirm the deletion via email).

I have also created a new account "Igrec" but accidentally misspelled the email address during the registration. How long do I need to wait before I can use that username again? Alternatively, I can specify both the correct and wrong spelling by email or in a private message.

The reason I am creating a different HelioNet account is that I intend to use the same name for my HelioHost account (at the moment I have none), to avoid confusion.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

To prove ownership of a Helionet account prior to deletion you must be able to accept and reply to an email sent to the address that you registered the account with. Failure to reply to the deletion verification email means that the account will not be deleted. Once a reply is received the account will be deleted.

Helionet forum accounts do not ever delete on their own. If you typed your email address wrong, and cannot validate it simply log into that account and change the email address to something you can validate.

Guest chigle

Thank you, I received the deletion-confirmation email.

If you typed your email address wrong, and cannot validate it simply log into that account and change the email address to something you can validate.

Just before replying to it and loosing access to this forum, I would like to point out that while I can successfully log in, at every attempt to change the profile settings, I get the error

[#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information.

There is an option "resend validation" but this obviously would not help. Should I use the option "Contact the community administrator" on the error paper to email both the incorrect and correct addresses, or shall I supply these details in the deletion-request reply?

I didn't realize that unvalidated forum accounts could not change their email address. That seems kind of silly, but if you PM me the new email address or when you reply to the deletion verification include the new email address in the reply I can manually change the Igrec account profile information for you.

Ok, the email address on the Igrec account has been changed. Log into it and resend the validation code to get that account validated. Once you have that account functional I will delete the chigle account so you will always have one functional account. (Sorry about the delay, I don't remember to check "Contact Helinet" subforum very often apparently.)