[Solved] Help... I Can't Log In... Just Keep Getting A Popup

chtf

username: chtf

chtf.heliohost.org

server: johnny

I got a notice on my site a few days ago, stating that my account had been suspended. I followed the link to unsuspend the account. Now I can't log in at all. Here's what's happening, in both firefox and IE:

I try to go to cpanel, and get the normal login page. I enter the data (double/triple checked for accuracy) and get an immediate popup, asking for the same info - username and password. No matter how many times I fill in the data, it just continues. If I click "cancel" on the popup, the login page says "The login is invalid."

I used the chat feature here to talk with Shinryuu, who manually changed the password (several times) and sent it to my email. He tells me that the password was changed (by someone?) seconds after he changed it, blocking us from the account. With the last attempt, he says he can access the account, but I'm still locked out with the popup.

To add in my side, I originally suspended and unsuspended the account to see if maybe it was stuck in half-suspension limbo, then reset the password to a 12-char pass, which failed to login seconds after the change went through, did a 22-char password which worked for a time, but eventually died on me. I went completely crazy and used a 100-char pass, which also worked for a while but did stop.

I put a new 100-char password in and it was still working until about a minute ago.

I'm tempted to quickly change the password again, grab a backup, scan it locally and see if i find anything with the site contents then suspend it to avoid any more weirdness with the account.

username: chtf

chtf.heliohost.org

server: johnny

I got a notice on my site a few days ago, stating that my account had been suspended. I assumed it was for failure to login frequently enough, and followed the link to unsuspend the account. Now I can't log in at all. Here's what's happening, in both firefox and IE:

I try to go to cpanel, and get the normal login page. I enter the data (double/triple checked for accuracy) and get an immediate popup, asking for the same info - username and password. No matter how many times I fill in the data, it just continues. If I click "cancel" on the popup, the login page says "The login is invalid."

I used the chat feature here to talk with Shinryuu, who manually changed the password (several times) and sent it to my email. He tells me that the password was changed (by someone?) seconds after he changed it, blocking us from the account. With the last attempt, he says he can access the account, but I'm still locked out with the popup.

At Shinryuu's suggestion, I downloaded Chrome, too. No popup, but it says my login is invalid.

Considering you have attempted to login numerous times, I would first wait for an administrator to check the status of brute force on your account. Try again once brute force is disabled.

Good call Ice IT Support. Shinryuu had been asking me for ideas on what was going on with this account on IRC, and exactly three minutes before you posted this was when I told Shinryuu "brute force protection is enabled on his account." All the credit to fixing this issue goes to Shinryuu though. He's the one that actually did all the work.