[Solved] Suspended: Timeqa

TimeQA

Your account was suspended for causing high My SQL load. Please try to limit your MySQL usage as it slows down not only your MySQL but MySQL for all users on your server.

I have manually unsuspended your account, if you still see the account suspended page please try clearing your cache.

Keep in mind our policy is three strikes and you're out, two more suspensions for this reason and your account may not be unsuspended.

We advise 1 connection per page that requires it and avoiding persistent connections.

Also, while inactivity results in a suspension page, if your account gets suspended the inactivity check won't be halted, I should have caught that and let you know but I did your unsuspension right as my class was about to start. Sorry for the inconvenience.

is there some kind of policiy regarding what is considered a high My SQL load?.

There is no numerical value for what is too much load unfortunately (and fortunately in some ways.) Basically, if MySQL is no longer performing up to a certain standard the cause is determined. If the cause is abuse by users the highest MySQL load user is suspended first, and then the second and so on down the line until MySQL is once again performing within the parameters.

Since this is a shared host we have our settings tuned to favour many small fast queries. If your queries are huge and complex and take a long time to execute you have a higher chance of being suspended for them. Also if you forget to close your MySQL connections or use persistent connections you have a much higher chance of being suspended. Furthermore, if your account is located on Stevie you have a much higher chance of being suspended as the normal operating parameters on Stevie are tighter, and we let Johnny users go a lot crazier before they earn themselves a suspension. This can sometimes lead to load spikes and downtime on Johnny, but we figure it's best to offer one fast, stable server (Stevie) and one server with a lot more freedom to experiment and a lot more freedom from suspensions (Johnny). That way users can choose which they would rather have.

Some other hosts have a set limit of how much load each account can cause before they are suspended. This policy can sometimes lead to unnecessary suspensions in my opinion though, because as long as it doesn't negatively affect the performance of the server as a whole who cares if some number is higher than another number? We allow our users to do whatever as long as it doesn't violate our terms of service until it starts to affect the other users on the server.