[Answered] Store Error Log Via Ftp?

GLaDOS

I don't really know what you mean by "gets full" because as long as your error_log doesn't fill your whole 500 MB quota it's not really full.

You could write a script in php or whatever scripting language you're most comfortable with to connect to a remote FTP server, upload the error_log, and the clear the error_log on your account. Then just call it via a cron job once every 24 hours or however long it takes to "get full."

You could also fix the errors that are being logged into the file too. That way it would never get full.

I'm not sure why you'd want that, it only helps if you're debugging a new script otherwise the information there is rather useless. I'd just do the daily deletion part of Krydos' solution.

Actually, even when debugging it's still pretty useless, you get the same error on the actual page when you navigate to it. When I'm messing around breaking stuff I just refresh the page and fix the error that shows up, refresh, fix, etc. If you wanna keep track of what you've done since way back when to get to where you're at with a script maybe it's worth saving the log but *shrug*.