[Solved] Suspended: Ksugroup

Oh lord, that's a horrible ISP hah, IP leases through DHCP should never expire that fast.

EDIT: Actually it might be necessary if said ISP had a relatively small IP pool and a larger customer base since then they'd be freeing up IPs left and right, but a few minutes is still crazy. Maybe the ISP was into some shady stuff and needed IPs to be shuffled a lot.

Also, if I already have an account why was I forced to make another account to post on the forums? Doesn't it use the same login database?

For thoroughness I'll answer this other question you had that got buried in the rest of the domain confusion.

No, forum accounts and hosting accounts are completely separate. You can create a forum account without having a hosting account, and you can create a hosting account without having a forum account. However, if you require any sort of support for your hosting account then you need to log into a validated forum account to let us know what the issue is. Some other free hosting services require you to have a forum account, or even make a certain minimum number of posts per month to maintain your free account, but here at Heliohost you'll find that we are quite different from the typical free hosting.

On that note, would the Helionet Username field in the signup link the forum account to the new hosting account?

I think it's kinda weird/backwards to expect users to have forum accounts before making a hosting account. Creating a new forum account with each new hosting account seems bad too though.

That's an optional unverified field. I guess the idea was people could link their forum account and hosting account so admins wouldn't have to ask everyone what their username and domain was. However, since people can type whatever nonsense they want into that field we still ask everyone what their username and domain is anyways. Obviously, I didn't set it up that way; it was that way when I got here.

Hmm.. I can see where it'd be a tricky thing to verify as a forum account could already exist with the input username belonging to another person, but that can be verified with IPs and/or the Email field on both accounts. I imagine it'd make life kinda easier for you guys, since it seems people are hit or miss on providing account info when asking for support.

Meh, the optimal solution would be to have one form that verified that the username didn't exist as a forum account or a hosting account, and then used the same information to create both simultaneously. Then the accounts could be linked together in a logical way.

That was my idea, kinda, you still need the forum registration form for people who only want to help/get their free TLD and not necessarily use our services.