[Solved] Suspended: Bmccutch

apparently you guys suspended me for having a virus again (your scanners are incredibly inacurate. Im a programmer and write my own software which you guys always assume is a virus for whatever reason) You unsuspended me for 24hours to delete the non existent virus but i did not see your reply until it was too late. Please fix your virus software.

Server: Stevie

Domain: brandon.heliohost.org

cPanel username: bmccutch

Don't get so touchy, it's not our scanner, it's ClamAV.net's. We suggest you file false positive reports to them so they can improve their scanners, whether you do is your responsibility, same as checking back to see what caused your suspension after requesting an unsuspension.

you guys always assume is a virus for whatever reason

The only thing we assume is that the virus scanner will occasionally be wrong, but keeping your account, and all other users', safe trumps everything else.

Your account was resuspended for failure to take care of the malware problem during your allotted 24 hour period. The offending files have been deleted, and your account has been manually unsuspended. If you still see the suspended page then you should try clearing your browsers cache.

There is nothing wrong with our virus scanner. Heliohost is not in the business of developing antivirus protection. We are in the webhosting business, and we use a well respected antivirus software to make sure that our users aren't hosting malware and viruses.

Another user had a similar issue as you where he compiled an executable that was detected as a virus. Instead of ignoring the warning and insulting us for things that are hardly our fault he actually read the unsuspension message and used the link provided for reporting false positives. If you don't want to go look at your other thread again I'll even post the link for you again here http://cgi.clamav.net/sendvirus.cgi

The other user I'm referring to uploaded his false positive file and a few days later it was no longer showing up as being a virus. If your file isn't a virus as you claim feel free to upload it using the link provided. If they determine it is indeed harmless the virus definitions will be updated and it will no longer trigger your account to be suspended.

Actually, it's amazing what a paid host will let you get away with. There's something about someone giving you money that makes you hesitate to upset them. It's the greed of capitalism working in your benefit for once.

Of course regardless of which host you use it doesn't hurt to upload your files as a false positive. I know I wouldn't install something on my computer if virus scanners said it was bad, and I'm sure a lot of other people wouldn't either. The only reason to not upload your files as false positives is if they are actually viruses, and you know it.