[Answered] Stevie Remote Mysql Max Connections

alex4108

Hi,

I have a teamspeak server on my box at home, and I have my scripts on my website do most of my maintenance to the server via MySQL. I'm trying to connect the server to MySQL on stevie, but it's producing this error. The weird part is this error is only produced from the teamspeak server. I logged in via MySQL Administrator on the server just fine. I also tried logging in with the main cPanel account, and the same result was produced.

mysql_real_connect() failed with error: User rgclan_voice already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

The remote host is allowed via hostname, the password is correct, and the user has permissions. Can someone tell me whats up? The account is fresh and nothing else has the password, so I'm not sure how anything could be connected.

How many simultaneous connections does teamspeak open to the mysql server at once? Also, instead of hostname have you tried typing an IP address or % into the remote allow list?

Teamspeak opens 1 connection to the database, and it's a persistent connection if I remember right. Yes, I tried % and my exact hostname. They have the same result

Just for referance, do I have set connections limit? If I diagnose nothing wrong on HelioHost's end I'll pop over to the teamspeak forums and see if they can help

Have you tried connecting to the MySQL server via command line of some sort from the teamspeak server? Depending on your OS I can help you with the syntax.

do I have set connections limit?

Yes, but 1 connection shouldn't hit the limit unless the limit is 0... which it isn't.

Have you tried connecting to the MySQL server via command line of some sort from the teamspeak server? Depending on your OS I can help you with the syntax.

I just connected to Stevie's MySQL with my administration tool from the server and it works fine.

Perhaps TeamSpeak is logging in more than once, or logging in on multiple processes?

I'll go over to the TS forums and see what's up over there

it's a persistent connection if I remember right.

Is it possible to only open connections when needed instead of a persistent connection? Since it's shared hosting MySQL is set up to disconnect idle connections and possibly even refuse persistent ones because it doesn't want one user to hog all the available connections.