[Solved] Emails From Stevie To Hotmail Refused

r0nmlt

Hotmail has blacklisted Stevie during this last week. I have also seen an abandoned post about yahoo doing the same thing.

Emails being sent out of stevie.heliohost.org (65.19.143.2), are being refused by hotmail servers, irrelevant of the content of the emails.

Return mail headers are:

Return-path: <>

Envelope-to: ***@fcs.com.mt

Delivery-date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 01:03:38 -0800

Received: from mailnull by stevie.heliohost.org with local (Exim 4.69)

id 1U1Z10-0002pb-V2

for ***@fcs.com.mt; Sat, 02 Feb 2013 01:03:38 -0800

X-Failed-Recipients: ***@hotmail.com

Auto-Submitted: auto-replied

From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@stevie.heliohost.org>

To: ***@fcs.com.mt

Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

Message-Id: <E1U1Z10-0002pb-V2@stevie.heliohost.org>

Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 01:03:37 -0800

Returned mail content:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

***@hotmail.com

SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<***@fcs.com.mt> SIZE=1837:

host mx2.hotmail.com [65.55.92.184]: 550 SC-001 (SNT0-MC4-F9) Unfortunately, messages from 65.19.143.2 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

Original message content:

Return-path: <***@fcs.com.mt>

Received: from [***] (helo=***)

by stevie.heliohost.org with esmtpa (Exim 4.69)

(envelope-from <***@fcs.com.mt>)

id 1U1Z0z-0002o2-NF

for ***@hotmail.com; Sat, 02 Feb 2013 01:03:37 -0800

To: <***@hotmail.com>

Subject: ***

Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 10:03:30 +0100

Message-ID: <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAGlGG9itEwdAnk8tyq41bGbihQAAEAAAAFUVZ5RrjAtPsiz+MFBHyngBAAAAAA==@fcs.com.mt>

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/plain;

charset="us-ascii"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 12.0

Thread-Index: Ac4BJCugoA+/KYsRTba6t67sbSS0Eg==

Content-Language: en-gb

Disposition-Notification-To: "***" ***@fcs.com.mt

However, unlike yahoo hotmail doesn't let you do anything about it. They block you whenever they feel like it and unblock you when they feel like it. That's part of the reason we don't let @hotmail.com addresses create accounts with us because they might randomly decide to block important emails.

I did find this link https://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsmsbl&ct=eformts If each person who reads this forum fills it out with the ip address 65.19.143.2 then maybe it will do some good.

Just to give this thread an update, multiple people petitioned to have this email block lifted via the link posted in our news and on our twitter feed

and we finally got a response.

Unfortunately, the response was "no."

I have appealed this decision and signed Heliohost up for various microsoft anti-spam systems. I also think I have discovered the reason why our IP was blocked in the first place. Apparently microsoft has a lot of "trap" email addresses that they publish on various pages that spambots are likely to crawl, but they never actually use the trap email address to sign up for anything thereby giving permission for anyone to send email to that account. Then when a spambot crawls that address and sends them mail they ban the IP that the mail came from. Apparently on January 25th one email was sent from one Heliohost account to a hotmail trap account. Shortly after that, I think, is when we were blocked. It seems rather silly that one email can cause them to block over 12,000 accounts from sending any email to any microsoft account, but I guess that's the way microsoft rolls. The worst part is they won't even tell you who sent the spam mail to the trap account because they are so protective of keeping the trap accounts secret that we can't even suspend the spamming account.