Ajaxcontroltoolkit Error

jetliweb

Hi, I am a ASP.NET user.

Now I got the error below when I use <asp:ToolkitScriptManager runat="server" ID="ToolkitScriptManager1"/>,

I also found an old post, http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/7476-aspnet-35-site-problems/page__p__55414__hl__ajaxcontroltoolkit__fromsearch__1#entry55414 (the issue came up in the middle of the thread)

that has the same error, but I am not sure how they fixed?

I put the AjaxControlToolkit.dll in the bin directory, and put all codes I can put (I hope so..). Also, It is working fine on my

local but failed on Johnny.

Please help me out, Thanks! The error:

Could not load type 'AjaxControlToolkit.ToolkitScriptManager' from assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.5.40412.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e'.

Description: HTTP 500. Error processing request.

Stack Trace:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AjaxControlToolkit.ToolkitScriptManager' from assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.5.40412.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e'.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:InternalGetType (System.Reflection.Module,string,bool,bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType (System.String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.Compilation.AspComponentFoundry+AssemblyFoundry.GetType (System.String componentName, System.String& source, System.String& ns) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.Compilation.AspComponentFoundry.CreateComponent (System.Web.Compilation.Foundry foundry, System.String tagName, System.String prefix, System.String tag) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.Compilation.AspComponentFoundry.GetComponent (System.String tagName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.UI.RootBuilder.GetChildControlType (System.String tagName, IDictionary attribs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.CreateSubBuilder (System.String tagid, IDictionary atts, System.Type childType, System.Web.UI.TemplateParser parser, ILocation location) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Web.Compilation.AspGenerator.ProcessTag (ILocation location, System.String tagid, System.Web.Compilation.TagAttributes atts, TagType tagtype, System.Boolean& ignored) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Version information: Mono Runtime Version: 2.6.7 (tarball Thu Oct 18 23:33:40 PDT 2012); ASP.NET Version: 2.0.50727.1433

Looking through that it seems that user was going to try to use an older DLL and see if it worked with the rest of their site. But that was several years ago, I checked their site and the domain's fallen through, maybe they got a new domain or something but afaik they aren't around anymore, perhaps a mod/admin can check the user database to confirm that but you may be on your own, sorry.

Hi,

today It looks like I can't link my website.. the first error is:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@jetwebhost.heliohost.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_mono/2.6.3 mod_jk/1.2.35 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_wsgi/3.4 Python/2.4.3 Server at jetwebhost.heliohost.org Port 80 "

then it became this error later:

"Server Error in '/' Application

Disk full. Path /tmp/nobody-temp-aspnet-0/f5b904b7/App_Web_4544e31f_0.cs

Description: HTTP 500. Error processing request.

Stack Trace:

System.IO.IOException: Disk full. Path /tmp/nobody-temp-aspnet-0/f5b904b7/App_Web_4544e31f_0.cs

at System.IO.FileStream.FlushBuffer (System.IO.Stream st) [0x00000] in &--#60;filename unknown&--#62;:0

at System.IO.FileStream.FlushBuffer () [0x00000] in &--#60;filename unknown&--#62;:0

at System.IO.FileStream.Flush () [0x00000] in &--#60;filename unknown&--#62;:0

at System.IO.StreamWriter.Flush () [0x00000] in &--#60;filename unknown&--#62;:0

at System.IO.StreamWriter.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in &--#60;filename unknown&--#62;:0

Version information: Mono Runtime Version: 2.6.7 (tarball Thu Oct 18 23:33:40 PDT 2012); ASP.NET Version: 2.0.50727.1433

"

I have no idea why?? "Disk full"?? I just used a few spaces... and I can't login my cPanel but still can use ftp.

@jetliweb, you posted a link to another person who was having the same or a similar issue as you. Shinryuu was referring to that other person when he said that their domain is no longer online and an admin could check our account database to see if that old account still exists in case it held a clue of how to fix your current issue.

Anyways, did you get your code fixed or do you still need help with this? Also remember that if you are experiencing an error on a page it is incredibly helpful for you to post a link to a test page. You posted your last issue on January 16th and it remained unfixed until January 24th when another user posted a link to a test page. Once I had that to work with I realized it was a problem on the server and I had it fixed within maybe 30 minutes.

Thanks for your replay, but it doesn't help.. seems like his error is different from mine.

They also mentioned the code "<%@ Register...%>", and I always put this code. Like I said it is working on my local, if I didn't put that code it won't work

even on my local.

Let my provide the codes for test page :

--------------------------------------------------

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="test_Default" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="asp" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head runat="server">

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:ToolkitScriptManager runat="server" ID="ToolkitScriptManager1" />

<div>

<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server">Choose a date:</asp:Label>

<asp:TextBox ID="TXTDate" runat="server" Width="65" AutoPostBack="True" ontextchanged="TXTDate_TextChanged"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:CalendarExtender ID="CalendarExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="TXTDate"></asp:CalendarExtender>

<asp:requiredfieldvalidator id="Valid_Startdate" runat="server" ControlToValidate="TXTDate" ErrorMessage="*"></asp:requiredfieldvalidator>

</div>

</form>

</body>

</html>

--------------------------------------------------

It just a simple page with a textbox which could pop up a small calendar if AjaxControltoolKit works. (With some related .dll files in the bin)

Thanks for your reply.

I put <asp:ToolkitScriptManager runat="server" ID="ToolkitScriptManager1" />, the short way of

<asp:ToolkitScriptManager runat="server" ID="ToolkitScriptManager1"></asp:ToolkitScriptManager>.

Anyway, I have tried both, both can work on my local without error but still failed on the server.