[Solved] Main Domain Change

ravenx30

cPanel username : ravenx30

current main domain : crabtree.heliohost.org

server : johnny

new domain : electrosavings.co.uk

i can't change main domain manually in http://heliohost.org/home/support/scripts/domain

thought it would be easier to copy and paste and add my problem to this thread as I am having the same issue. Used the script seemed to be ok but been over 24hrs no change.

Thanks guys! :)/&--#62;

support recieved via chat. i had this ~/public_html/www.electrosavings.co.uk

this was my problem.. i deleted it and awaiting fix :)

You can't change your main domain to a domain that you already have set up as a parked or addon domain. So, you have to delete the domain from your account before you change it to your main domain. It looks like you had electrosavings.co.uk as an addon domain. Then you tried to change your main domain to it while it was still active as an addon domain. This failed, and then you deleted the addon domain.

What happens when you try the main domain tool now? http://heliohost.org/home/support/scripts/domain

Hi,

I ran the script as requested. My login now takes me directly to the correct root in cpanel. :D/&--#62;

When i enter the url for my site into a browser, however, I am now getting the 'Server not Found' error! :(/&--#62;

yes i cleared my cache, via browser and command prompt (ipconfig /flushdns) but still no joy. I also used my phone and other pc to try accessing it and same error.

I even made a tempory index file to try and access that but same 'server not found' error?

A few hours after i ran the script, when i typed my url it showed the que page.. so unsure what is going wrong..

Thanks for the support.

ps. been over 48 hours since last run that script.

Yeah, there was a problem. This time when you tried to change your main domain it worked, but it didn't create the DNS entries that it needed to or maybe it did create them but then they got deleted for some reason. I guess this is the reason that we always suggest using addon domains and parked domain instead of changing the main domain. Changing the main domain has a lot more chances to mess everything up.

Anyways, everything looks set up correctly now and we just need to wait for it to start working. Let us know if it still isn't working after 24 hours.