[Solved] Problem Resetting Cpanel Password

spabst

Hi!

I just have reactivated my account after an inactivity suspension. I tried to login to the cpanel but It gave me error. Now, I try to reset the password, but when I enter the confirmation code the page just refreshes and nothing happens.

I read some topics in the forum and I think it could be that my account is still partially suspended? What can I do?

Thanks you very much for the attention.

PS.: server : johnny

user : spabst

domain : sebastian-pabst.tk

Your account doesn't seem to be suspended at all; not even partially. The only problem I see is your main domain hasn't been purchased yet from a registrar. Keep in mind that you don't have to have a functioning domain to log into your account because you can log in at http://heliohost.org/ It looks like the last time you actually logged in was November 12th, and your account was reactivated on December 29th. Let us know if you're still having trouble logging into your account.

I think the common misconception is that unsuspension is an instant thing that is either on or off like a light switch. In reality it's a script that goes through all aspects of an account, such as, MySQL access, PostgreSQL access, rewriting .htaccess for each domain, cPanel password, all created FTP account passwords, each mail account, etc allowing or removing access. If the server has high load at the time it prioritizes what is most important to do which is usually serve active pages, and less important processes get paused or move really slowly until the load decreases. Anyways, long story short it can take a while to unsuspend depending on the account and the load at the time.