[Solved] Django Problem When Accessed Using Domain Name (500 Error)

topito

Hi all, I just uploaded a test website (developed using python-django) to Heliohost (Stevie) and I am having some problems when I try to access it using my domain name.

For example, when I access the website using the URL "topito.heliohost.org/rodrigo.cl", everything works fine, but when I try to access using "www.rodrigo.cl", I get a "500 Internal Server Error" with no descriptions of the problem.

I checked the logs but they don't say much:

[Fri Dec 28 01:57:26 2012] [error] [client 122.151.217.103] File does not exist: /home/topito/public_html/404.shtml

[Fri Dec 28 01:57:26 2012] [error] [client 122.151.217.103] File does not exist: /home/topito/public_html/favicon.ico

I have my domain "www.rodrigo.cl" pointing to Helihost, and I have the django application in "/public_html/rodrigo.cl/" (which is the folder associated to my domain, i.e. my "Document Root").

Do I have to configure anything else in order to make my django website work? I don't understand why it works when accessed using the direct URL but doesn't when using the domain name URL.

Thank you!