[Answered] A Technical And An Ethical Questions

sehrguey

1) how long does it take a moderator to get directory listing?

I assume you're referring to this

I am currently getting a directory listing.

Which I interpreted to mean, "When I go to that link I see an index page listing all the files in the directory."

Based on your response, and now this post, I'm guessing you interpreted it to mean that he was going to ssh into your account and take a look at your files. If that's what you think is going on then the answer to how long it will take is an infinite amount of time because moderators do not have access to ssh.

Perhaps Ice IT can enlighten us to what he actually meant.

2) how long to wait before repeating your question or sending it to another forum without becoming a cross-posting nerd?

You can post as many times as you want, but it should be pretty obvious by now that there aren't any RoR experts lurking around to help you. I know of at least two RoR experts who *used* to lurk around these parts, but they haven't seen your questions, I guess.

I would recommend finding a forum specifically for ruby and RoR and see if they can help you. Then you can learn a ton and bring your wealth of knowledge back to Heliohost and when the next person has a question about RoR you will be the expert that can answer it!

The same day he last asked about this I went to his site and got an "Index of /" so I assume that's what Ice was referring to. Any chance I could go play around with Johnny and see what the fuss is about for myself?

Any chance I could go play around with Johnny and see what the fuss is about for myself?

The policy for having one account on Stevie and one account on Johnny is you must post in the Customer Service forum and clearly state your reason for wanting two accounts. I'm guessing your reason is something along the lines of, "People need help with Ror, and I want to try it out to see if I can help them." If that's the case, or if it's close just make the post so future admins/mods have a record of it and you won't end up getting suspended for having more than one account.

I know of at least two RoR experts who *used* to lurk around these parts, but they haven't seen your questions, I guess. I would recommend finding a forum specifically for ruby and RoR and see if they can help you. Then you can learn a ton and bring your wealth of knowledge back to Heliohost and when the next person has a question about RoR you will be the expert that can answer it!

Oh, dear

You got at it!

All I want right now is to ask the lurks HOW they managed to make their apps to work.

Is there a way to get their emails for beggardly PM-ing them?

Secondly, I sure researched the main "ruby and RoR forum" and learned two and a half tons yet were it even thirty there is no mentioning of this here hosting.org I liked so dearly and cannot tear it out from my heart.

yours`

sehrguey

This is one of the downsides of community support, while a person is a user they can elect to help the community with their own experience but if a user leaves often they stop offering support or at least stop offering it as aggressively before. But if you wanna wait while I handle some real-life issues and set up a Johnny account I should -hopefully- be able to help you and future users set up your rails apps quickly, or I could be just as stumped as you, let's hope not.

But if you wanna wait while I handle some real-life issues and set up a Johnny account I should -hopefully- be able to help you and future users set up your rails apps quickly, or I could be just as stumped as you, let's hope not.

Thank you,

as an eternal newbie, I don't see any alternative to patiently waiting for someone offers their help in this wonderland.

gratefully yours`

serguey