[Answered] Subdomains Not Working

maryadavies

While moving my pages, I noticed you have a subdomain feature, which I meant to use for two of my sites (neither is large). However, they aren't working right. The offending subdomains are at elizaraslighthouse.maryadavies.heliohost.org and rpgamerboard.maryadavies.heliohost.org. Can you please check on that? Thank you!

Just for further info, it's acting like it hasn't been set up and taking you to the page where you'd be taken if your page wasn't set up.

I'll try doing that and see if that stops the redirect to "It's not set up!" for that's what it's doing for me.

[Edit] Running CCleaner to clear cache worked. Thanks guys, I'll go fix the links.

You don't actually need to use a program to clear your browser cache in most cases. All of the most popular browsers should have a way through the options to clear your cached data.

For instance with google chrome you

1. click the "customize and control" button
  2. then select "settings"
  3. then choose "settings" from the left navigation menu
  4. scroll to the bottom of that page and "show advanced settings"
  5. under the heading "privacy" click "clear browsing data..."
  6. select the option "the beginning of time" from the drop down menu
  7. make sure "empty the cache" is checked
  8. (optional) uncheck all of the other options since you're just trying to clear the cache
  9. click "clear browsing data" button

If you haven't done this in a long time it can take a while to clear out all the old data. Also note that these instructions will be different for different versions of google chrome, and the process will be similar on other browsers. Anyone who develops websites should know how to clear their browser cache in all the major browsers that they use to test their site.

On a side note I was in class when all this went down, but when I checked the first sub I got redirected to webring.com twice, kinda weird, just thought I'd mention that.

Third try stuck though.

Shin; that is wierd. I do have webring on there but it shouldn't be doing that.

As for me, I'm a Firefox user, I've tried to do it in browser several times and (this is proly my slow pc though) it freezes, so CCleaner does the job. Thanks for the information though. ^^