[Answered] Space Limitation

Fulf

Okay, let's get this straight, I'm not posting here to complain about the "small" (which is actually more than enough) space limitation we all have (100MB).

I want to ask if there's any way to actually connect one of my HDD's (that's running 24/7) through cPanel to act as an additional storage device. I'm looking for hosting photographs I take at certain events and, as we all know, photos tend to occupy a lot of space...

Is there any way I can somehow do that? If else, a workaround would be to connect Wordpress's Media Gallery to an external host service (i.e. Dropbox).

Looking forward to your replies, Fulf.

P.S. Thanks for the awesome services!

Okay, let's get this straight, I'm not posting here to complain about the "small" (which is actually more than enough) space limitation we all have (100MB).

Where dd you even get this number from? The space limit has been 500 MB for well over a year now http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/10221-increased-storage-and-upgrades/ and before that the limit was 250 MB for years.

I want to ask if there's any way to actually connect one of my HDD's (that's running 24/7) through cPanel to act as an additional storage device. I'm looking for hosting photographs I take at certain events and, as we all know, photos tend to occupy a lot of space...

Is there any way I can somehow do that?

Yeah, just use a free dynamic ip address tracking service to assign a URL to your ip and install their little program that monitors ip changes on your computer. Then create a CNAME record on your domain like images.yourdomain.com and point it to your free dynamic URL that you got. Then install apache or some other web server to host your photos. Then when someone goes to yourdomain.com they will see your website hosted on Heliohost and the images will have urls like images.yourdomain.com/image1.jpg

If else, a workaround would be to connect Wordpress's Media Gallery to an external host service (i.e. Dropbox).

That would work too.

P.S. Thanks for the awesome services!

No problem.

I have no idea from where I remembered these numbers. (I actually have, but...yeah...whoops). I will follow the CNAME route just as soon as I can get my server up and running. Thanks for the tip. :)

That would work too.

I was actually meaning if one could help me find a plugin for Wordpress that would do that, but then again, couldn't I just CNAME Dropbox's URLs? Regardless, CNAME will probably be the way to go :D