[Answered] Issue In Domain Change

mike111

Hello dear support.

I need small help or advise. I tried to update domain like you advised yesterday. And it's helped me. Then I tried to update again for shorter one (e.g. first time I used xxx.yyy.com and then I used yyy.com)

I did that to add subdomain later and have xxx.yyy.com as subdomain of yyy.com

but something went wrong - I have not received response from the server during few minutes. It remains in loading state after submitting form.

I see that two domain added for now and no way to add any subdomain.

The subdomain adding page says next:

"Error from domain wrapper: We were unable to locate your current domain name, exchanger.biz.ua in the webserver configuration! The subdomain cannot be added because information about your domain could not be obtained from the webserver configuration file."

My login is mike111

It looks like cPanel is blocking you from changing your domain from xxx.yyy.com to yyy.com because it first searches for yyy.com and sees that it is already owned by someone and just quits there rather than being smart enough to realize that it is you that owns it.

To work around this try changing your domain to a temporary domain such as yyy.heliohost.org or whatever using this tool http://www.heliohost.org/home/support/scripts/domain and then once that has gone through successfully log into your account and on the left side of the screen look for the header that says "main domain" and make sure it says the correct temporary domain. Once you have verified that it does, then try changing your domain once again to yyy.com. This should fix the issue, but let us know if you have any problems with it.

• Like 1

thanks a lot, in 10 steps I finally made it :-)

Only one question remains - For unknown reason cpanel keeps two main domain names

(except subdomains).

Where the last submited - active one.

Looks stranger, probably can be a bit mistake or missconfiguration of "changedomain" script

P.S. voted good :-)