[Solved] Suspended: Umakantm

What is this my dear heliohost staff?

1. I had logged in during last week, so not a case of month's delay.

2. I have beautiful intellectual stuff in my sites.

3. I have given backlinks to heliohost.org in every site.

4. I have posted many praising comments about heliohost on various forums.

But why do you still suspend my account every now and then? Don't you like good people to host good sites on your server? If you behave like this, either people will comment negatively about you or only idiots will host garbage on your server. Please be serious about your policy..

MAY I REQUEST YOU TO ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT PLEASE..

regards,

Umakant

Besides my sites are hardly visited by people. So there is no question of any traffic load, traffic may be about few MBs in a month.

Even I have no advertisements on my site. No commercial intention, purely personal site.

Most of them are static sites, very few pages per site, no updates since long, so no question of server load. Most sites are running Frog CMS, which is extremely light and puts the minimum load on a server.

If you say the suspension is because of server load, will you please be specific and tell me which of my site puts unacceptable load, so that I can remove that site or change the engine.

Regards,

Umakant

Your account was suspended for causing high server load. I have unsuspended your account, but please try to limit the load you put on our servers as it slows down not only your site, but the sites of all other HelioHost users sharing your server.

If you still see the suspended page, please clear your cache.

Dear Admin,

Thanks for unsuspending my account, but most of my sites are not coming, just showing "INACTIVE". I hope they will be activated in due course.

However, if there is really excessive load on the server, you better change your policy and allow only 2 or 5 sites per account, or restrict bandwidth 1 GB per month (or less if you so think), and/or reduce 500 MB diskspace to further less. But this type of arbitrary suspension of accounts shows your unprofessionalism.

Besides, compulsory logging in to the control panel every month is an absurd condition. Generally web designers update the structure of their site frequently, but a common man has no need to login to the control panel once the site is complete. Forcing people to login frequently to the control panel indirectly encourages them to do more experiments and cause more server load.

If you have some genuine reason to force people to longin every month, then please send a reminder a week in advance, instead of abruptly suspending the account. Punish people for doing mischief, but don't punish just because somebody forgets to login.

I also feel heliohost as my own server and praised heliohost in many forums. I suggest you take long term sustainable measures than playing with the emotion of your clients who have trusted on your server and services.

Please forward this mail to your seniors for information.

Regards and best wishes,

Umakant

• Like 1

Look at a suspension as your warning. Unsuspending an account is as easy as clicking a button. Inactive accounts can easily be re-activated by the user. The suspension is the week-early warning, not the end of the world (or in this case the end if your time with HelioHost).