[Solved] File Backups And Account Deletion On Johny To Recreate On Stevie

infantex

username: infantex

domain: infantex.com.mx

server: johny

Due to the extended downtime on johny I would like to recreate the account on stevie, could you please provide me with a backup of my files and manually delete the account on johny so I can move the account and domain to stevie.

Thanks in advance and keep up with the good work!

Jorge.

As you can see, the e-mail registered and verified for this account is from the domain associated with the account I'm asking to delete (infantex.com.mx).

I honestly don't remember which of the various e-mail accounts I use (or used to use) I used when I created the my Heliohost account. Since I cannot access my Heliohost account in Johny I have no way to check it out.

If you could be so kind as to provide me with just the first letter of the username and the first letter of the domain for that e-mail address, I could figure it out and change the address of this forum account to match it, then you'll verify it and everything could proceed.

Would you?

Thanks in advance.

Username: infantex

Domain: infantex.com.mx

Server: Johny

I had already posted this but I'm reposting it because the thread was marked as "Solved" (even if it wasn't) and it may be that the threads marked such are no longer monitored.

I had requested the deletion of the account but I was answered that couldn't be done because the e-mails from the forum account and the Johny account didn't match. That is a big problem and I need your help.

As you can see, the e-mail registered and verified for this account is from the domain associated with the account I'm asking to delete (infantex.com.mx).

I honestly don't remember which of the various e-mail accounts I use (or used to use) I used when I created the my Heliohost account. Since I cannot access my Heliohost account in Johny I have no way to check it out.

If you could be so kind as to provide me with just the first letter of the username and the first letter of the domain for that e-mail address, I could figure it out and change the address of this forum account to match it, then you'll verify it and everything could proceed.

Would you?

Thanks in advance.

Jorge Zaldivar.

PS: It's very important to me because the site has been down too long already. I could begin changing the emails and requesting the deletion again until I get to the one that matches, but I have used many e-mails, and trying to guess which one will take too long.

Now that I have (had) a domain of my own properly hosted, I try to always use an e-mail from my domain.

I only need two letters, please: the first from the user name, and the first from the domain.

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_84447', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_84447', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '84447' }, parseInt('0') );

Thanks to the moderator for moving this post.

I'm sorry if by reposting I caused any inconvenience, I just wanted to make sure I would be listened (I had doubts whether the "Solved" threads were monitored).

Anyway, since it's urgent for me to have my site online, I spent the day searching archived content to see if I could somehow find any reference regarding the registered e-mail, and the effort paid out: I found it.

I've changed the e-mail address for this forum account to match the one I found and had already verified it.

I think my request can procceed now without problems.

I would like your advise on something, though:

The e-mail I used to register on Johny is from my former ISP, but fortunately for me, I could still access it. As I stated previously, I began to use consistently an email address from the domain hosted with you (infantex.com.mx), can I register on Stevie using the e-mail from infantex.com.mx or would it create some kind of circular reference? Since Johny went down I have continued to receive my e-mails, perhaps because for the email services I use GoogleApps.

I very much welcome your advise on this.

Best regards.

Your files have been sent to you, and your Johnny account has been manually deleted. Feel free to create your Stevie account.

The e-mail I used to register on Johny is from my former ISP, but fortunately for me, I could still access it. As I stated previously, I began to use consistently an email address from the domain hosted with you (infantex.com.mx), can I register on Stevie using the e-mail from infantex.com.mx or would it create some kind of circular reference?

Before you can create your Stevie account the records of your Johnny account have to be deleted. This includes the MX records that are currently sending your emails to GoogleApps. Once your Stevie account is created it will once again have the default MX record of Heliohost email, and you will need to reenter your GoogleAppsMX records using this link http://stevie.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/x3/mail/mx.html

You have two options

1. Create your Stevie account using the email domain that you are creating. I will probably work just fine, and as long as you set up the MX records correctly and quickly enough (probably within a few days) you shouldn't lose any emails.
  2. Create your Stevie account using some other email address, and then change your contact email http://stevie.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/x3/contact/index.html once everything is set up correctly and online.

Options 2 is the safe route.

Since Johny went down I have continued to receive my e-mails, perhaps because for the email services I use GoogleApps.

Yes, since you have custom MX records your email continued to work because our authoritative nameservers for your domain weren't affected by the downtime on Johnny. Had you not been using GoogleApps for your email then you would have also lost your emails while Johnny was offline.

Thank you. I'll now try and create an account on Stevie.

Update: I couldn't. The dayly quota had already been reached.

I had thought that due to the problems on Johny and the consecuent flow of people migrating, the quota would be suspended, but that appears not to be the case. I'll try again at midnight PST.

Regards.