[Answered] Is There An Eta On The Johnny Server Resolution

raffix2

My website (www.jfpoitras.com) has been down for over a week now. I cannot access my cpanel, get my emails(Outlook) or connect to FTP.

This is just a personal site, I don't need back-ups because I have copies of everything I have on my own hard drives. This GREAT service is free, so I cannot be mad about the downtime, but I need to find a solution quickly to have my site back up and running. I'm in search of a job, and my resume points to my site, I don't think employers would be impress if my site is down.

My username is raffix (I had to create another forum account, because none of my passwords worked and my assigned email to the "raffix" forum account is my info@jfpoitras.com email which isn't working when Johnny is down.)

Is there an ETA onto when Johnny server will be back up and running?

Is there a process in place to transfer from Johnny to Stevie? (I don't need back-ups)

If I cannot confirm that my site will be working again within the next 5 open days, I will have to find another solution, maybe even point my domain to another hosting service.

Thanks again for offering this great service for free, hopefully the issues Johnny is having will be fixed soon!

Jean-Frédéric Poitras aka Raffix

http://www.jfpoitras.com

The good news is that we expect Johnny to back online and fully functional within the next week, and it's a possibility that this corrupt operating system problem has really been the root of all of Johnny's increasing number of mostly inexplicable issues over the past couple months.

from: http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/13628-johnny-news/page__pid__84012?do=findComment&comment=84012

If you want to migrate to stevie simply post a request for manual account deletion like others have, then signup on stevie and recreate your site from your local files when that account is created.

Thanks for the reply Shinryuu,

If Johnny will be back up and running within about a week, then I can wait.

I would like to add a message to the administrators and everyone that works at HelioHost:

Ignore everyone that has been giving you a hard time regarding this issue. Some people just can't appreciate how great of a service you are providing, and seems to forget that usually people pay a lot of money for similar services, yet HelioHost is offering them FOR FREE with no banners, no pop-ups and basically no restrictions.

Anyone who cannot appreciate that does not deserve your services.

As for Johnny's issues, stuff like this happens every day for people who pay for their services. I bet that everyone at HelioHost will learn plenty through the problems encountered and will be better prepared if similar issues arise again.

Thank you again,and keep up the good work guys!

Jean-Frédéric Poitras aka Raffix

http://www.jfpoitras.com

Thanks for the compliments, and the understanding.

As far as I know there has only been one person of the over 8000 accounts hosted on Johnny that has gotten irate, and I'm fairly sure the irateness of this one particular individual was because he doesn't understand how forums work and when his post was moved (because he posted in the wrong section) he went nuts and started claiming we were censoring him and deleting all his posts. We don't delete anything unless it's a spambot, and we don't censor anyone unless they are posting profanity.

All Heliohost users should feel free to write great reviews like that on external sites too. ^_^