[Solved] Stevie Down For Last 2 Or 3 Days?

tdevhost

Hi

Apologies if this is connected with the outage that Johnny is experiencing, but I haven't reliably been able to get connected (either to a website I have on a browser, nor cPanel, nor ftp) in the last day or two. I was working on my site on Stevie on Friday last [it was acting up a bit when I was trying to ftp files down to my local machine], but toward Friday evening and also yesterday and now this morning I can't get through - e.g. when I put stevie.heliohost.org into Chrome or indeed my own site I've created on Stevie (http://tailwind.tdevhost.heliohost.org/) I just get "Chrome could not connect" and using FileZilla when I try to connect to my site on Stevie over ftp it just times out.

Is Stevie acting up connected with the ongoing Johnny issues therefore (I'm wondering) and also just wondering if there is an estimate of time to fix (are we talking hours or days; I just need to make a decision to start re-building the site on another machine somewhere else).

thanks in advance for any information.

Stevie has had 18 minutes of downtime in the last week and 0 minutes of downtime in the last 4 days. Something else must be going on. Have you tried visiting your site through a proxy or from a different computer?

thanks for your reply - I tried your idea and visited my site through an online proxy, and then yes I could see it. This is very odd. I rebooted all machines / routers / cable modems but no difference I still have to use the proxy to see the site. This is quite odd, but thank you for your help.

I don't see any reason on our end why you wouldn't be able to see your site. Your IP isn't blocked by our firewalls, and your site loads fine for me without a proxy. Sometimes countries -- most notably China -- block random IPs from being viewed within their borders, but that seems unlikely because your country doesn't have a history of that. It could also be your ISP doing the blocking. Perhaps an overactive firewall on your computer, but that also seems unlikely since it sounds like you have multiple computers and they probably aren't all set up with exactly the same antivirus/firewall version and everything. It's kind of a mystery I guess.

Out of curiousity can you view this site? http://krydos.tk/

I tried the site krydos.tk and I couldn't see that directly either. I had to go thru proxy again [where the site just says the text "Blank."]. I'm guessing the problem could very easily be at ISP level, but I don't know why they'd do this as everything was working fine for my site until last Friday. Thanks for your help anyway, I'm happy if you want to mark this thread [Answered] or [solved] as you see fit.