[Answered] Question About Sending Emails

raymond01

I am running the phpbBB bulletin board on Stevie and the email settings is set up to send using my Gmail account.

(from phpBB)

"Use SMTP server for e-mail: Select “Yes” if you want or have to send e-mail via a named server instead of the local mail function."

It is sending the emails out using Gmail, but when I look a the email headers I see this:

Received: from stevie.heliohost.org (stevie.heliohost.org. [65.19.143.2])

by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id x8sm1326940paw.16.2012.10.02.15.10.02

(version=SSLv3 cipher=OTHER);

Tue, 02 Oct 2012 15:10:03 -0700 (PDT)

I believe the limit on sending emails is 50/day. If I use the mass email function in phpBB, which will send an email to all users, it will be more than 50/day.

Since it appears to be still passing thru your severs, would my account be suspended for sending out too many emails per day?

I don't see your username or domain in any of the mail reports anywhere, but the reports only show the highest volume senders so maybe you haven't sent enough emails to show up. If you're really curious about it I suppose you could do some tests and we can check the reports again for you. If you look at the headers of emails sent from your home pc through gmail (or any email service for that matter) it shows the origin IP address. It just records of the mail's path through the internet.