Connecting Two Routers/HUBs

i am wondering if it is possable to connect to a friends router/hub over the internet. I have his IP and we both have a LinkSys Routers/Hub. I would want to do this so that we could system link our XBOX's...which probilly sounds really stupid cause we could just use XBOX Live, but my subscription is going to run out and i dont got money to get another 1. Is this possable to do or not?

try xbox connect or Xlink Kai. they are tunnel software. you can do any system link game over the internet. just gotta hook up the xbox to the computer via crossover cable if you have a second ethernet card or through a Hub/router/switch

yeah but that would be free when people have to buy it anyway so whats the point? they should allow this for more business i guess so, but then the XBL was a waste and you could get free.... but for the ones who know this i guess its ok and balances out with people who dont know.

• 2 weeks later...