[Solved] Johnny Cpanel Timeouts And Slowness

lillysaf

Hi Tech support,

Can anyone help me "johnny server" is super dooper slow for me, may I ask the admin to delete add-on domain I cannot delete it or move:

domain name: madriaga.org - heliohost id - svperbugoy.com (bugoy)

And now I am adding domain its not working at all, please help.

Thanks,

Bugoy (svperbugoy@yahoo.com)

Hello Ice IT,

johnny's CPanel has been in the red and unresponsive almost constantly since 8-Sep.

The entire server is extremely slow and occasionally offline.

I think waiting for the problem to solve itself and disappear is not a course of action that can be taken seriously. I've been trying to do things in CPanel for a week now, and keep getting errors. johnny will only be "green" when an administrator finds out what's loading it so much, and makes it stop being red all the time.

2 other forum posts reflect this, and unfortunately they also lack any serious answers, nor do they reflect any attention from the staff to the core of the problem:

http://www.helionet....s-and-slowness/

http://www.helionet....oads-on-johnny/

Personally, I would even be content with an answer that goes "it's a tough life and a free service, so deal with it", as long as there is an answer.

Asher

NB: Is this forum running on johnny? Clicking "preview post" just took 3 minutes to show the next page. Not exactly the service level a forum moderator would wish for, and certainly not one that would enable lively forum discussion.

That used to be the answer we gave people. I believe we can move away from that answer now, and was at one point successful. We only have one backend admin who has to prioritize his time. I don't know what stage of the list the Johnny issues are at, it would not surprise me if they are being worked on right now.

heliohost.org and helionet.org are run by Cody, a virtual server on Charlie. Johnny is also a virtual server on Charlie, and when Johnny has issues Cody often gets affected.