[Answered] Different Addresses For Cpanel - Still Count For Logins?

djzebbie

Hello,

I was just curious about something having to do with cPanel with regard to maintaining active status of a HelioHost account. I realize that users must login to the cPanel interface at least once per month to avoid having their sites suspended for inactivity, and was wondering if I am doing this correctly. (I have finally been able to set up my site and even add some WordPress content.) :)

In another thread, I mentioned that I was unable to login via the interface on the HelioHost front page, or by the form yoursite.heliohost.org/cpanel. However, I was given an alternate address that does successfully enable me to login, in the form cpanel.yoursite.heliohost.org. So just for clarification, I am able to login to and access cPanel without any problems. :)

My question is, does it matter in what way one accesses the cPanel to be "counted" as a login allowing the user to maintain active status of a HelioHost account? Does HH have a better way of "knowing" that the user logged in if s/he did so via the front page of this site, or is access logged either way? Is there a place on cPanel that lets the user know when s/he last logged in? All I see on the left is an indication of what IP address had the last login -- I don't normally see anything involving a date or time of most recent access.

Thanks in advance.

No it does not matter in which way you access the cpanel.

Any way you access after you entered the user name and password you will be redirected to respective server url, i.e http://johnny.heliohost.org:2082/ or http://stevie.heliohost.org:2082/ depending on your server, you can also login from this address itself, yoursite.heliohost.org/cpanel and cpanel.yoursite.heliohost.org

are just to make it easy for the users to remember,they all redirect to the respective server url.

So either way you log in it does not matter.

Thanks for your replies, anush and Ice IT Support. User Krydos sent me a message with more info about my question, so thanks to him too. Glad to see there's more than one way in besides the "front door." Like the Beatles once said, you can come in through the bathroom window. :P