• 2 months later...

I've contacted registar technical support and received the following answer:

Prezado Sr.,

Quando há a criação de um domínio e necessidade de hospedá-lo em

servidores DNS, o administrador destes servidores precisa realizar uma

configuração específica para cada domínio que será inserido nestes

servidores.

Para que a alteração seja realizada com sucesso, os novos servidores

DNS devem estar previamente configurados para o domínio.

Atenciosamente,

Cristina Moreira

Translating into English:

Dear Sir,

When occurs the creation of a domain and need to host it on

DNS servers, the administrator of these servers must perform a

specific configuration for each domain that will be inserted in these

servers.

For the change to be successful, new servers

DNS must be previously configured for the domain.

Sincerely,

Cristina Moreira

So, I've understood that Heliohost must park my domain before I can change DNS servers on registar. Is this possible? I've already tried, but cPanel shows an error message. What should I do?

Thank you!

registro.br is the only registrar that requires that.

Basically our system checks each domain you try to park to see if you own it before it will add it. If you try to park a domain that you obviously don't own such as gmail.com then it will fail because the nameservers are not set to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org. This is a good thing.

registro.br will only allow you to change your own domain's nameservers if the host already has that domain parked. cPanel, and every other decent website management software out there, will not allow a domain to be parked that you can't prove you own by setting the nameservers correctly. No other registrar in the entire world that I know of requires this. You own the domain; you paid for it; your registrar should allow you to type whatever you want into the nameserver fields because the domain is yours.

I have seen this issue with registro.br dozens of times, and searching the internet it isn't just Heliohost. All domains registered through registro.br have this same issue. If enough people tell registro.br that their system is broken then maybe they will fix it.

The solution is to contact registro.br support and ask them to manually set the nameservers to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org for you since they won't let you do it yourself.

Another solution is to transfer your domain to a real registrar: http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2008/07/how-to-transfer-domain-name-to-new-registrar/

No need to do that yet. Do that when ur domain is gonna expire. It costs $$ to move domain.

Yeah, I know it's kind of excessive and undoubtedly a waste of money, but if someone is desperate enough to get their website working and their registrar was being dumb about it then this would be a solution to get it working.