[Inactive] Constant Errors When Trying To View Forum Posts

stgeorge

I keep getting this error when trying to view posts:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, xxxxxx@gmail.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I do not know about others, but this forum is really lousy templating for Opera.

The script makes posting a nightmare as it jumps all over the place when you try to click within the editor.

Took 3 attempts to post this!

I went to reply to a PM yesterday but the Ajax would not load my messages.

I have only just got back in to reply to the PM.

I really wish script kiddies world realize that Ajax is not suitable for Forums.

It is not and can never be cross browser compatible.

It is designed for small individual module style tasks and not as an answer to everything.

We are aware that there are 500-problems with the servers and the admins are looking into it.

About the ajax, it can be that your browser sometimes doesn't load.

Try to clear your cache or refresh the page.

The forum works just fine for me (browser: Chrome).

I have no browser cache when I use Opera.

That is why I use it as it can easily be set for No Cache, no Image Caching and No Persistent Storage.

It is a web developers dream as you see pages in real time.

There can be Ajax and JavaScript problems with Opera, but this is down to poor or excessive scripting, which after all is my point.

Web Developers should cross Browser reference.

This board is not Cross Browser compatible although I do accept that visitor volume may play a part.

However I am using Chrome while on this board at the moment and has a problem as it would not quick reply, (had to copy and paste in Reply to Topic).

I have also experienced problems on this board with FireFox and Safari, In both Windows and Linux.

I must admit though to being irritated beyond belief by over-scripting and poor templating.

But then I am very easily irritated, (so my ex-wife says)!

I'll agree that the forum software here (IPB v3.x) stinks. Several other sites I belong to downgraded back to v2 or dumped IPB for either phpBB or SMF (both of which I've come to like from their almost daily use).

The ajax in IPB doesn't work half the time, and is ridiculously overused. Chrome doesn't work right with it (what I'm using ATM, and yes, quick reply is broken), and neither does IE8 or Opera.

Also, half the time, the board spits out an RSS feed instead of a web page. Refreshing usually fixes it, but its annoying having to load pages twice a lot of the time.