Registration

Srinath U

I have been trying to register an account with heliohost for 2 weeks now but every time I try no matter how many times a day or at what time, I get this following error!!

We're sorry, but the daily signup limit has been exceeded. Please try again tomorrow at midnight PST.

Are registration completely closed?? That is the only sane explanation I can come up with... I mean 2 weeks non stop I have been given the same message. I really would appreciate to know if the registrations are closed and so will a lot of other visitors. If they are not, please tell me how and when can I register for an account.

Thank you!

In last three days registrations were open:

- 2011-10-17, Monday - between 07:00 and 12:02 UTC (00:00 - 05:02 PDT)

- 2011-10-18, Tuesday - between 07:00 and 11:20 UTC (00:00 - 04:20 PDT)

- 2011-10-19, Wednesday - between 07:00 and 10:20 and then between 10:42 and 10:52 UTC (00:00 - 03:20 and 03:42 - 03:52 PDT)

These data will be available on my server monitor, soon.

I have recently been adjusting and monitoring the sign-ups as well, and can verify that hundreds of new accounts get created successfully on a daily basis. Occasionally there is some hiccup in the system and we do shut down new account creations, but that is not the case now. Don't forget your best friend when trying to create a new account: http://byrondallas.heliohost.org/helio/sign-up.php

I've been getting the same thing when I try to register too. I've tried several times at around 12 PST. I've also tried just now at around 2:25 PST. They all end up with the same message stating that the daily signup limit has been exceeded. When is the limit not exceeded because right now it's always exceeded no matter what time I try?

The informations about when registrations are open or not are already displayed on my server monitor (link in my signature).

And indeed, yesterday and today registrations were not open at all.

At least my system did not detect it being open, and I'm checking once every 2 minutes.

I see that signups is now open but it's still not working for me. I would enter into all the information click create account and it would still say that the daily signup limit has been exceeded. I tried yesterday for several times and again today for several times.

Try as soon after 12am PDT as possible. I just checked and can confirm that hundreds of other people have successfully created accounts each day. So it's just you that is having issues.

• 4 weeks later...

just to let you know ... i've got no idea why BUT i just signed up and first i was sitting there looking http://helio.byrondallas.heliohost.org/sign-up.php and it said OPEN OPEN OPEN and my firefox said closed closed closed... so i just switched to my internet explorer - just to have a look on it - and it worked! open - easy signed up and totally happy with it! how can it be that the sign up doesn't work with firefox?

...how can it be...

Cache. You didn't really load the sign-up page from the server, but just the copy made before on your own computer.

Next time try to simply clear the cache (temporary internet files) of your browser.

Admins still didn't change the HTTP headers that are sent with the sign-up pages so it can be cached even for 1 month on your own computer and may be a problem for many people, just like for you.

I wrote about it here already: http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/10853-trying-to-signup/page__p__73381#entry73381