[Solved] [SOLVED] Can't Receive E-mail

Bill Tj

Hi,

I just had my e-mail account (admin@tensor.heliohost.org at stevie) set-up, and I tested it that I could send e-mail (via SquirrelMail) but I cannot receive any e-mails.

Also when I tried to use Horde, it says

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanelhorde/sessions/sess_c2f6f8e6781fc773a423f66183241fad, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanelhorde/sessions) in Unknown on line 0

and I cannot use Horde. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horde should be fixed. Do you get an error message when reading mail?

Thanks for your response. Now I can use Horde. But still I can send e-mail, but I cannot receive any e-mail. Could you send an e-mail to me to test (admin@tensor.heliohost.org)?

Regards,

Bill

I get

response: 550-Verification failed for 550-No such person at this address" 550 Sender verify failed

Try deleting and recreating the email account.

I get

response: 550-Verification failed for 550-No such person at this address" 550 Sender verify failed

Try deleting and recreating the email account.

Thanks for helping. I have deleted and recreated the e-mail account (twice!), but still I can send e-mail (I received it at the destination and then replied), but I cannot receive any e-mail. (Before I also tried by creating dev@tensor.heliohost.org, but exactly the same thing happened.)

Do you have any suggestion what to do next?

Thanks,

Bill

Did you go to "Default Address" at your cPanel and set that up?

Hi, yes I have tried the "Default Address", and the first time was "Discard with error to sender" and now "Forward to email address" admin@tensor.heliohost.org. But in both cases, I still cannot receive e-mails. What is your recommendation for "Default Address"?

Regards,

Bill

Thank you for all who helped me.

I did other tests, then it turned out that I can receive e-mails from Hotmail!

So it happens that I cannot receive e-mails from Gmail, and yesterday from http://www.ruby-forum.com, because until this morning I still do not receive their e-mail for my registration.

So at least I can receive from Hotmail, but not from Gmail nor http://www.ruby-forum.com.

It is up to you guys whether to consider this case as "solved" or "unsolved".

Regards,

Bill

That's weird; GMail seems to work on my account.

Yes, it's weird. I just tested it once again. I can send e-mail to Gmail, received immediately; but when I replied, I never got e-mail from Gmail. Is there any particular setting that I am unaware of?

Regards,

Bill

That's weird; GMail seems to work on my account.

Hi,

Actually is it possible for you to send a test e-mail from Gmail to me (admin@tensor.heliohost.org)?

Thanks,

Bill

Email sent.

Thanks. Actually I haven't received anything from you.

But, the e-mails that I sent from two days ago from Gmail finally arrived! The e-mails that I sent from Gmail from yesterday have not arrived. So it looks like there are two days delay.

Also in Gmail I got the following message:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mail Delivery Subsystem mailer-daemon@googlemail.com to me

show details 10:30 PM (12 hours ago)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

admin@tensor.heliohost.org

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 454 454 TLS currently unavailable (state 9).

----- Original message -----

MIME-Version: 1.0

Received: by 10.227.199.196 with SMTP id et4mr2469131wbb.15.1318385135372;

Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:05:35 -0700 (PDT)

Received: by 10.227.69.198 with HTTP; Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:05:35 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:05:35 -0400

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also just sent a test e-mail from Gmail again, but it has not arrived.

Thanks,

Bill