Perl CGI install

James Leon

I try to run a Open Source app under perl, when i runnit I receive

500 Internal server error

=================

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@netxure.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I realize there are some modules that must be loaded, but when I try to install modules I receive the followin error

Installing "CGI::Cookie" Perl Module

Testing connection speed...(using fast method)...Done

Ping:0 (ticks) Testing connection speed to cpan.mirrors.hoobly.com using pureperl...(30900.00 bytes/s)...Done

Ping:1 (ticks) Testing connection speed to cpan.develooper.com using pureperl...(33400.00 bytes/s)...Done

Ping:0 (ticks) Testing connection speed to cpan-sj.viaverio.com using pureperl...(61900.00 bytes/s)...Done

Ping:1 (ticks) Testing connection speed to cpan.knowledgematters.net using pureperl...(28800.00 bytes/s)...Done

Ping:1 (ticks) Testing connection speed to cpan.schatt.com using pureperl...(32450.00 bytes/s)...Done

Five usable mirrors located

Ping:2 (ticks) Testing connection speed to 208.82.118.100 using pureperl...(28950.00 bytes/s)...Done

Ping:2 (ticks) Testing connection speed to 208.43.129.162 using pureperl...(19300.00 bytes/s)...Done

Ping:2 (ticks) Testing connection speed to 208.109.109.239 using pureperl...(19300.00 bytes/s)...Done

Three usable fallback mirrors located

Mirror Check passed for cpan-sj.viaverio.com (/index.html)

Checking C compiler....Could not locate an executable "cc" binary....Done

** Unrecoverable Error **

The C compiler is not functional and auto repair failed.

Perl module installs require a working C compiler.

Please repair the C compiler and try again.

Am I doing something wrong?