[Solved] /var full

Guest xaav

Yes we are aware of the issues and are working to fix them.

Merging topic.

Merging topic.

This support request is being escalated to our root admin.

djbob has been contacted/notified.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably related, but it's also possibly the PgSQL issue. I was unable to SSH in, so I requested a reboot. Currently running a fsck.

UPDATE: fsck finished; I'm in. Since we can still get in I'm guessing it was PgSQL and not /var.

Hello

when i want to send email i faces to this error , what should i do ?

There was an error sending your message: Failed to set sender: sales@vpngroups.us [sMTP: Failed to write to socket: not connected (code: -1, response: )]

user : baghban

server : stevie

domain : vpngroups.us

I can't imagine how it was PgSQL, since I was unable to restart PgSQL after I had stopped it to make changes to postgresql.conf.

I'm saying I had stopped PgSQL to make some changes to the conf, but then couldn't restart it because /var was full. Someone else probably restarted it, because stevie's load appears to be low without PgSQL.

/var/lib/pgsql is only around 1.5 GiB... does it deserve its own partition?

It only grew that much before it filled up /var. If it hadn't filled up, it might have grown much more...

In case anyone was following this thread regarding their ability to receive and send email through their account on stevie, someone cleared up a small (300mb) of space on /var so emails can be sent and received at this time, but if this free space gets to 0 again mail will stop functioning again. A more permanent solution can be monitored in this news thread: http://www.helionet.org/index/index.php?showtopic=10674