ftp stalls, file manager breaks, webdisk chokes

claus

Hi there, once again. I am experiencing sporadic troubles with FTP. Connection timeout, unable to retrieve directory listing. File Manager via CP gives unknown error or disk quota exceeded. Well, I have about 470 Megs avail. Web Disk quits with error all the same. This applies to Stevie. Anybody else having the same trouble? Thanks in advance. Regards, Peter Heinrich Claus

Sorry, to bother again. We are back, to where we were, in the middle of nowhere. FTP gone once more. I would very much like to have this solved. There are dependencies on my sites, which I care to maintain. I quite enjoy playing Snooker, only its done with a number of balls, rather than server conf files. Any ideas? Care for my credentials, to give it a local try yourself?

For what's it worth, the .ftquota file reads like: 57 196056 - whatever that means

I'm working off the Lap, connected wireless to the Router, which, of course has firewall. Since I don't have this kind of issue with other hosters, I would rule that one out. The nerving part is, that it occurs out of the blue. One moment everything is fine, the next complete void. Have tried a number of connections, different clients; all the same. Maybe I should stuff the whole branch onto the Solaris box, rather than W7U. However, it has worked just nice until recently; and moving a couple of thousands of files just for testing... uhm...

I've noticed that when I use filezilla to upload or download a full sync of my site (thousands of files transferring for more than 5-10 mins depending on my connection speed) the entire site goes down and starts throwing 500 internal server errors. As soon as I close down filezilla (just closing the program not killing any processes on the server) all the errors go away and everything loads properly like it's supposed to. If you're actively downoading, uploading, testing, using mail, etc etc you will probably hit your process limit, but if you give it a few minutes to settle down your site will run fine again.

Or you could just make a post here every time you start to overload your site. That works too I suppose. :unsure: