[SOLVED] Site not working

mart1g

Did you wait 24 hours after creating your account?

You can log in and start uploading files and configuring your account right away by logging into cPanel.

Thanks for your quick reply,

It hasn't been 24 hours yet, but I've usually found it doesn't take that long. I think the fact that my last hosting services' error page is showing has made me concerned that there may be a problem :wacko:

Well, ok it doesn't *always* take *exactly* 24 hours. You're quite right in that regard. It does, however, take until the http.conf gets rebuilt, which happens once a day at midnight PDT. Most people create their accounts shortly after midnight PDT when the signups get reset thereby just barely missing the apache reset so most people end up waiting 23 hours and 45 mins or so.

Either that or:

Wait 24 hours after account creation for your site to become visible.

One is certainly simpler than the other. Let us know if it still isn't working tomorrow after the reset. ^_^

As far as your last host's error page showing up that is probably because you browser has that page cached, or your DNS has your .com still going to your old host. When I try to open martin-grey.com it shows heliohost queued page as it should at this point.

Well, ok it doesn't *always* take *exactly* 24 hours. You're quite right in that regard. It does, however, take until the http.conf gets rebuilt, which happens once a day at midnight PDT. Most people create their accounts shortly after midnight PDT when the signups get reset thereby just barely missing the apache reset so most people end up waiting 23 hours and 45 mins or so.

Either that or:

One is certainly simpler than the other. Let us know if it still isn't working tomorrow after the reset. ^_^

As far as your last host's error page showing up that is probably because you browser has that page cached, or your DNS has your .com still going to your old host. When I try to open martin-grey.com it shows heliohost queued page as it should at this point.

Thanks for letting me know, glad I know exactly how it works now!

Think I must have just missed the reset

Either that or:

Thanks for letting me know, glad I know exactly how it works now!

Think I must have just missed the reset

The reset time has now passed, but still no luck so far - have refreshed DNS, cleared cache and tried using different browsers but it's still not showing :wacko: