MySQL Too many connections

ablaty2

You posted this only 15 mins ago and as of when I'm typing this message you site seems to be loading fine. MySQL suffers from high server load more than some other services. Looking at the server load http://heliohost.grd.net.pl/monitor/ it looks like the load was ~40 when you posted this message.

We have been working on making our automated server load detector better over the last few weeks, and what it will do eventually is users who create too much load will automatically be suspended. It takes some fine tuning though because a few weeks ago it suspended ~90 accounts during 12 hours, and now it doesn't seem to be suspending enough.

Keep in mind there are currently 7500+ accounts on stevie and if by some strange fluke each website gets a hit at the exact same time it can cause some slowdown. Not really a lot that can be done about that, but we will try to keep an eye out for abuse. That at least we can prevent.

Ya, it has been working this evening. I was having the problem during the afternoon, but I couldn't access Helionet to post then.

So if it is working now (off-peak I assume) but not always during the day (peak server load I assume), then that is probably a good indicator that the problem is with the server, not my site, right?

Also, is the status tab in MyPHPadmin the status for all the accounts, not just mine? IE where it says 64 tables open, that means there are 64 tables open on the whole server, not just on my account, right?

Thanks,

Alex