[Solved] Can't Receive Email

Golden Chang

I Can't Receive Email, using any webmail in cPanel, my inbox always says it is empty, I'm sure I sent the test mail to the right email address(golden@golden.heliohost.org), but just EMPTY?

I'm not sure is there anything wrong with my domain's DNS?

user:golden

domain:golden.heliohost.org

server:johnny

I'm getting error "Please refresh the page and try again." on Advanced DNS Zone Editor now, does this have any connection with the problem?

Testing this a bit on my johnny account.

Sent email from hotmail to default johnny email account; received this response:

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)‏

11:04 AM

postmaster​@mail.hotma​il.com

To krydos@hotmail.com

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

krydos1@krydos1.heliohost.org

--Forwarded Message Attachment--

To: krydos1@krydos1.heliohost.org

Subject: Test email

Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 11:04:26 -0500

Does this work?

Also tried sending email from horde using default johnny email account. The first attempt to send didn't have the default from address set correctly, but this might be a bug in horde and was easily fixable through options:

Validation failed for: krydos1@ Your From address is not a valid email address. This can be fixed in your Personal Information options page.

After fixing the settings like it said to this is the error when trying to send an email to hotmail:

There was an error sending your message: Failed to add recipient: krydos@hotmail.com [sMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 550, response: Verification failed for <krydos1@krydos1.heliohost.org> No Such User Here Sender verify failed)]

I was thinking this might just be because Hotmail has a vendetta of some sort against heliohost emails, but I tested it with gmail and half a dozen other emails and it gives the same error each time.

So then I created a new email account test@krydos1.heliohost.org and logged into horde with the new account. I had to change the from address to the new test@ because it was still set to krydos1@ but that's horde's problem I think still.

Emails sent from this new account work, and emails sent to this account are also received.

Summary:

The default account (username@username.heliohost.org) seem to be the only ones that have any issues, but any created email account will work as expected.

• 2 weeks later...