[SOLVED] Stevie slowdowns / Internal Server Error like before

Marfugga

Hi folks at Heliohost :)

Over the past few days, I've been noticing that my site which is hosted on Stevie has begun to have random slowdowns again. Sometimes I won't be able to load a page for minutes at a time, which means I can't access my webmail, cpanel, or anything like that. Other times, I get a 500 Internal Server Error instantly.

This reminds me of 1 or 2 months ago when Stevie was having the same problem and many users were complaining for a long time. I actually had to switch hosts during this time because my site was literally unviewable, as I'm sure all the other websites were too. Mine actually dropped in google rankings to the point that it was impossible to get any traffic from google searches anymore.

I remember I kept checking in, and the problem persisted for well over a month or two, and eventually I saw that it had been fixed. Furthermore, someone said that all along, the problem that went unfixed for months was that someone had simply disabled the firewall instructions which dealt with DDOS attacks/packet spamming etc.

So does that mean for all that time when Stevie was acting up and nobody knew what was going on, an admin disabled DDOS protection and then took that long to re-enable it? At the time I thought that someone was just DDOSing heliohost for those slow couple of months.

Either way, is there any chance someone clicked that radio button again by mistake? I'm just trying to save you awesome people some time here :D

Sorry guys, this is the result of attempting to run upcp (and increasing package disk space) on Stevie. At this point I think it's better to leave those running. The disk space increaser it on the Vs (it goes alphabetically), and once it finishes upcp should finish soon. The limit they both reached was RAM, surprisingly.

At this point Johnny has finished all the tasks I gave him over the night and should be okay.

Stevie's done with the disk space increase. Now he's just trying to finish upcp.

http://www.helionet.org/index/index.php?showtopic=10192 from the news forum, and it's been all over twitter all day. Stevie should be done upgrading soon.

Sorry guys, this is the result of attempting to run upcp (and increasing package disk space) on Stevie. At this point I think it's better to leave those running. The disk space increaser it on the Vs (it goes alphabetically), and once it finishes upcp should finish soon. The limit they both reached was RAM, surprisingly.

At this point Johnny has finished all the tasks I gave him over the night and should be okay.

Stevie's done with the disk space increase. Now he's just trying to finish upcp.

http://www.helionet.org/index/index.php?showtopic=10192 from the news forum, and it's been all over twitter all day. Stevie should be done upgrading soon.

That's great news =) since they know what it is this time. Thanks for the prompt reply!

Any idea what the problem was a couple of months back, for that extended period of time? Now I'm curious, even though it may turn out I was just speculating random things.