[SOLVED] Use other nameserver?

Josso

Hey!

Is it possible to use another nameserver, in which I can enter the IP address for domains and subdomains etc.

The reason is that the registrator of the Danish TLD (.dk) only accept "confirmed" nameservers.

I already have a nameserver (which is confirmed) and I were wondering whether I could use that.

I would then point my domain to the IP address of the server.

Yes it is possible to use an external DNS and people have done exactly that in the past which can sometimes provide better uptime and stability. Another option would be to escalate this request to our root admin and he can take steps to get our DNS setup so you and other users of .dk domain names could use our DNS services. Let us know which option you would like to pursue.

Yes it is possible to use an external DNS and people have done exactly that in the past which can sometimes provide better uptime and stability. Another option would be to escalate this request to our root admin and he can take steps to get our DNS setup so you and other users of .dk domain names could use our DNS services. Let us know which option you would like to pursue.

I'm fine with doing it myself.

In case you want to do it, it's at this page.

I have set the nameserver up to use the IP of Stevie (65.19.143.3) but I'm getting the "HELIOHOST ACCOUNT QUEUED" page.

It's been a week or so, since I registered. Anything I need to get done?

I have set the nameserver up to use the IP of Stevie (65.19.143.3) but I'm getting the "HELIOHOST ACCOUNT QUEUED" page.

It's been a week or so, since I registered. Anything I need to get done?

It takes about 24 hours after you get the DNS set up for the queued page to go away, sometimes longer. Have you had the DNS set to it's current settings since July 30th or have you recently changed it?

-----

Post #300 for me. :lol:

Is it working now? If not, can you PM me or post your domain?

The domain is [domain]

Going to / makes a redirect to /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi with the "HELIOHOST ACCOUNT QUEUED"-message.

Going directly to a file, like /index.html shows the file as it should. :/

EDIT:

Apparantly that's my cache. Everything is working. Thanks for the help. :)